Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's been a long time...

I could go about giving a million excuses as to where I've been but the truth is: 
life happens.  
That's it. I haven't been extraordinarily busy or doing anything terribly exciting, just living.  Years have passed, that's true.  I have changed, inside and out, but in essence I am still me.  

With that being said, here's an abbreviated list of events from the past few years in no particular or chronological order:

  • moved 3 times (remember it has been years since my last post)
  • lived a nocturnal life for about 2 years as a 3rd shift worker
  • shot a potato gun for the first time- and hit the target!
  • received a celebratory 5 years of employment gift from my employer (I chose the Pyrex dish set)
  • watched my courageous and inspiring brother heal after numerous life changing accidents
  • road-tripped through Canada to Maine 
  • reached my highest Words With Friends score- 507
  • became a Godmother to a beautiful little girl named Emalee
  • played hairdresser and make-up artist "dolling" up my little sis countless times for her many fancy events
  • dated a few potential "Prince Charming"s- maybe even in fell in love a little bit and had my heart broken (Don't worry dear readers, this book isn't finished yet... there is still time for a happily ever after.)
  • became a Care Coordinator and loved just about every minute of my job
  • witnessed my sister blossom in a wonderful mother and I became "Aunty"!
  • decided to get healthy;  ate better, worked out more and lost a bit of weight
  • sewed a couple quilts
  • joined a church and redefined my Faith

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sad, that I'm the only one who comments on this blog. But, because of this, I think I deserve an update! lol

    ReplyDelete