Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Life happens...

Life happens. Right? Well life happened and I feel like a road map gone bad.  Which direction do I go?  I can summarize my issues in two statements: 1. I lost my job.  A job I loved.  A job I worked more than 4 years to obtain.  A job that I felt lucky to have.  A job that gave me meaning.  2. My lease is ending.  I can move anywhere! The possibilities are only limited to the structure I impose.  At almost any given moment I am focusing on the silver linings... this opens up my life, right?

It's the other moments that make me question myself.  I've filled out lots of job applications, for positions really anywhere in this great cheese state.  As of today, I have scheduled at least 8 interviews.  Each interview has felt successful to some degree. But I am struggling with remaining patient.  I am worried that I will turn down the "right" one for the chance of something "perfect".  How long do I wait? How much of the decision should be chalked up to instinct?  Am I meant to move to some little town up North? Do I give up the structure and schedule I have created here?  With this all said and done I am reminded that all I really need to do is PRAY.


Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ.
Philippians 4:6-7


Dear God,
I pray that I will recognize the job offer that will keep me stable, emotionally and physically, and accept it.  I pray for the patience to wait until that job offer comes along and the wisdom to reject anything that takes me away from You and the positive life I have built.  I pray for the strength to handle the day to day struggles that are challenging me. 

I thank you for parents and siblings who have faith in my abilities.  I thank you for friends that find me inspirational and hold me up when I am weak.  I thank you for the many gifts and talents You have given me.  I thank you for my friendliness, good listening skills, and easy going nature that allow others to feel comfortable with me.  I thank you for challenging me to demonstrate compassion as a profession.

Please help me to feel Your peace during this difficult time.  Open my mind and heart to the possibilities you have laid before me, help me cipher my path.  Please fill me with Your love.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't you heard that old saying by John Lennon, that "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"? Your life is assuredly not like a road map gone bad. My assumption is that you take my opinions with a grain of salt.

    That being said, I think you know what you're made of, you've risen above adversity and uncertainty several times successfully, and you will do it again. I know you have the intelligence and pragmatic skills to land on your feet again. If I could move anywhere, it would be to Wicker Park, in Chicago. But, that's just the romantic in me talking. Where ever it is that you go, I know you will do it well.

    ReplyDelete